I’m not really a fan of the ‘Why did the chicken cross the road?’ joke as to be quite frank, I don’t find them funny. That said, the one I was told recently involved the singer-songwriter Adele which brought a cheery smile to my face. So in esteem to these mostly daft and daffy buffoonery, here’s some pratfall comedy.
Excluding the fucking chicken.
- Why did Adele cross the road? To sing “Hello” from the other side.
- Why did the woman cross the road? Who cares. How did she get out of the kitchen is the important question!
- Why did the one armed bloke cross the road? To visit the second hand shop.
- Why did the duck cross the road? Because it thought it was a chicken.
- Why did the fox cross the road? It had heard about the chicken!
- Why did the chewing gum cross the road? Because it got stuck to the chicken’s foot.
- Why did the lettuce cross the road? Because it was green.
- Why did the rubber chicken cross the road? Just needed to stretch its legs.
- Why did Anakin Skywalker cross the road? To get to the dark side.
Bored yet? Let’s try some negatives to spice the appetite a little?
- Why didn’t the ghost cross the road? It had no body to go with.
- Why didn’t the bike cross the road? It was two-tired.
- Why didn’t the schizophrenic cross the road? He couldn’t make up his minds.
- Why didn’t the roast chicken cross the road? It didn’t have the guts anymore.
And when you thought it was all over, this one comes out, stage right!
- Two donkeys are standing at a roadside, one asks the other “So, shall we cross?” The other shakes his head “Hell no! Look at what happened to the zebra.”